Sunday 3 August 2008

Meeting With Reg

Today, we swam in Dover Harbour once again. The Dover Regatta was taking place so there were tons of booths on shore. After a quick swim we ate some doughnuts and a French dish that I can't remember the name of, but was quite delicious. We arranged to meet with Reg Brickell, my pilot at 1:30 under the Channel Swimming Association (CSA) tent. We toured through the town a bit to kill some time. Jasper and Ezra, my brothers, desperately wanted to go down an inflatible slide they had set up. My mom allowed all of us to go down, and after 3 runs we bounced off to meet Reg. I was lucky to get Reg as a pilot because he is highly sought after. He is known for his experience and many call him "the best." Apparently he has been piloting since he was sixteen years old! Reg was very easygoing and reassured me that I would be going out and he would get me across. After all I've done all the hard work all year, the "easy" part comes now. Reg says that if all goes well with the first swimmer (I'm the second swimmer in the tide slot) that I should be out on the seventh! Currently is windy and rainy, so hopefully it will lighten up towards the middle of the week so I can have a nice and flat crossing.

8 comments:

Mama Nip's Blog Journal said...

Keep it up Delia & Leore, you go girls! We are all so proud of you and inspired by you! ~Carol Nip

Mama Nip's Blog Journal said...

Delia and Leore, we are all so very proud of you and inspired by you. It's outstanding to see your families support you in this grand achievement! You GO girls! Best wishes ~ Carol Nip, BEAR Swimming

HRH PRINCESS KIM OF CHELSEA said...

Hello !!

THis your uncle KIM, I was talking to my friends here about you and wondering about your swim. I wish I was there to see it for myself. I'll pray that you have a great swim and as well as your friend Leore. Have a blast, Love you and I'm very proud !!

jensons said...

heyy delia ,it's your cousins from iowa...just wondering how everthing is going i england. sounds fun! anyways it's louise's birthday to day she's turning 11. tell ez and jasper we said hi. GOOD LUCK with swiminG and i hope your having fun!!!!!
love the jenson!!!

jensons said...

Hi,
I hope you are having a great day and that your swim goes well . Good luck.Hi Jasper and Ezera.
louise

hope the weather is good. Have fun
greg

Unknown said...

Hi Delia! The Otter Swim club girls are thinking about you (a lot!) and sending positive vibes. Please be safe, and enjoy this remarkable undertaking!! We're wearing your t-shirts for good karma :) Good luck from Natalie, Mehgan, Mariah, Michelle, Jocylin, Emily, Olivia, Tessa, Meagan, Abby and Sarah

Orosco's said...

Hey dilly bar!
:)
Hope all is well. Good luck with your swim!
We'll be wearing the shirts. You rock!
We wish you the very best.
Much love,
The New Mexicans

burmester said...

Delia,

Wow!!!! We're so proud of your for your ambition and hard work! I am amazed and inpired by how you and your family are making this big dream a reality!!! We are reading your blogs and checking out the pictures regularly. Thanks for including us in your adventure.

Best of luck to you as you swim!!!

Love to all of you from the Burmester family in Des Moines